The Gauteng Education Department says Phase 1 of the 2022 admissions online application period is open from today until 3 September 2021, for learners who are currently in Grade 7.
Phase 2 of the 2022 admission period will commence on 13 September 2021 and close on 8 October 2021.
According to the Gauteng Education Department, only parents with learners enrolled in Grade 7 in a public ordinary school may verify and register an account to apply for the 2022 admission year.
The following guidelines are important:
- Before parents or guardians apply, they must provide accurate parent and learner details to schools where their children are currently completing Grade 7.
- From Monday, 2 August 2021 – 6 August 2021, primary schools will verify and update parents or guardians’ details, including the cellphone number, identity document (ID) number and home address.
- It is important that parents provide one reliable cellphone number so that they can receive important SMS notifications regarding the application process. This process is very important because from 10 August 2021, a SMS notification with a link will be sent to parents to complete the 5-Step Application Process.
- The parent/guardian will be required to verify the cellphone number on the system before starting the 5-step application process, which consists of verification of parent or guardian details, home address details, learner details, application to a maximum of five schools and uploading documents to the system or submitting documents at schools.
- In Phase 2, parents and guardians will also complete the 5-Step Application Process without prior verification of details. Parents will also need to upload or submit certified copies of supporting documents to schools they applied to within seven days.
source : https://bit.ly/3yQjnB2