Eskom has announced that it will continue to implement stage 1 load-shedding on Tuesday.
Load-shedding will be suspended between 6:00 and 9:00 in the morning to assist customers and to help ease traffic congestion, Eskom said.
Unplanned outages or breakdowns at Eskom’s power stations stood at 11,875MW at 15:50 on Monday afternoon.
Eskom said it used emergency water reserves for its hydro-pumped storage and diesel for its open-cycle gas turbines in order to supplement generating capacity yesterday.
It once again reiterated that there is a possibility of load-shedding for the next 18 months due to ongoing critical maintenance on ageing plants.
Eskom asked customers to use electricity sparingly to reduce demand during the period and provided the following tips:
- Set air-conditioners’ average temperature at 23 degrees Celsius.
- Switch off geysers over peak periods.
- Use the cold water tap rather than using the geyser every time.
- Set swimming pool cycles to run twice a day, three hours at a time.
- At the end of the day, turn off computers, copiers, printers, and fax machines at the switch.
To check your load-shedding schedule, Eskom recommended visiting its load-shedding website or local municipal website.
Customers can download the EskomSePush app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to check the schedule in their area.
source : https://bit.ly/2OZ8R5B