Apple Music recently released the statistics for the most streamed songs, artists and genres on their platform by South Africans. The country’s Apple Music subscribers stream a lot of Post Malone, as his song “Sunflower” was the most streamed song on the platform in the country.
It’s followed by Black Coffee, David Guetta and Delilah‘s “Drive,” a song that has proven popular throughout the year on streaming platforms.
Apple Music also shared data pulled from Shazam, an app they own. The list revealed the top 10 songs South Africans Shazamed this year. Topping the list is Prince Kaybee’s popular motivational anthem “Fetch Your Life,” which features Eastern Cape singer Msaki. Nasty C and Rowlene‘s “SMA” takes the second spot on the list.
Another interesting list shared by Apple Music consists of the top 10 songs streamed by listeners in Sub-Saharan Africa. The list is dominated by Burna Boy who has five songs in the whole list including “On The Low,” “Gbona” and “Dangote.”
View all the lists below:
Apple Music South African top 10 streamed songs of 2019
1. Post Malone & Swae Lee “Sunflower”
2. Black Coffee & David Guetta “Drive” (feat. Delilah Montagu)
3. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper “Shallow”
4. Halsey “Without Me”
5. Khalid “Better”
6. Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber “I Don’t Care”
7. benny blanco,Halsey & Khalid “Eastside”
8. Lil Nas X “Old Town Road” (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus)
9. Marshmello & Bastille “Happier”
10. Ava Max “Sweet but Psycho”